Qualifying Benefits for Eco Scheme

women apply for income support

Income Support

It's important to note that new claims for Income Support are no longer being accepted, and instead, applicants are being directed towards Universal Credit

If you're currently receiving Income Support, you may continue to do so if you meet certain criteria.

To continue receiving Income Support, you must have a low or no income and less than £16,000 in savings. Additionally, you must not be working full-time, although you may work less than 16 hours a week if you're single or less than 24 hours a week if you have a partner. 

You must also be between the ages of 16 and the qualifying age for Pension Credit and reside in England, Scotland, or Wales.

There are also specific circumstances that make you eligible for Income Support
These include being pregnant, a lone parent with a child under 5, a lone foster parent with a child under 16, or a single person looking after a child under 16 before they're adopted. 

Other eligible situations include being a carer, on maternity, paternity, or parental leave, unable to work and receiving Statutory Sick Pay, Incapacity Benefit, or Severe Disablement Allowance, or in full-time education (not university) aged between 16 and 20 and a parent or not living with a parent or someone acting as a parent.

Refugees learning English through a course that is at least 15 hours a week and started within 12 months of entering the UK may also qualify, as well as those in custody or due to attend court or a tribunal.

One of the critical benefits of Income Support is that you don't need a permanent address to receive it. 

You may still be eligible for Income Support if you sleep rough or live in a hostel or care home.
It's important to remember that Income Support is no longer accepting new claims, and instead, applicants are being directed towards Universal Credit. However, if you're currently receiving Income Support, you may continue to do so if you meet the Eligibility criteria. 

If you need clarification on whether you're eligible for Income Support or need further advice, you can contact your local Jobcentre Plus.

Do you want to make your home more energy-efficient and save money on your energy bills?

You may be eligible for an ECO 4 Energy Efficiency Grant. The grants can help you cover the cost of various energy efficiency improvements.

Regulated Ofgem and all work carried out through Trustmark installers to guarantee the highest quality.  

To determine eligibility, simply complete our eligibility form.

It only takes a few minutes, and it could save you hundreds or even thousands of pounds.