Reasons you will not qualify for underfloor insulation funding
Underfloor installation is excellent for home energy efficiency, but the number of people rejected for funding has never been higher.
Reasons you will be ineligible for underfloor insulation.
- Your home has a solid floor, ie. concrete.
- Your home has a cellar with a radiator, classing it as a habitable room.
- Your cellar does not have space for ventilation to create cross-flow ventilation.
- The suspended floor has a gap but doesn't have the space to create cross-flow ventilation.
- Your living room meets the criteria, but your kitchen area is solid; therefore, you do not meet the minimum suspended floor area of 67%.
- Your floor is suspended but has laminate flooring, with no access to get underneath, and the installers will have to lift the laminate flooring, permanently damaging it.
Reasons you will not qualify for Cavity wall insulation funding
Cavity wall installation is the best insulation for home energy efficiency, but the number of people receiving funding is at an all-time low.
- Currently, Cavity wall insulation has a CIGA 25-year guarantee, so we can not alter it.
- The external walls have no cavity gap, therefore classed as solid walls.
- Walls are made from sandstone or granite.
- Less than 67% of the exterior walls have a suitable cavity gap.
- Unable to get the necessary equipment to all sides of the property.
- No damp proof course because a damp proof course is required.