Boiler Grants for Ashton-under-Lyne Households
Boiler grants are available through the ECO 4 scheme for low-income families who wish to improve the energy efficiency of their homes by installing more efficient boilers and upgrading or insulating their homes.
Qualifying for a New Boiler
The ECO 4 scheme is designed to help eligible homeowners replace their old, inefficient boilers for free. To qualify for a new boiler, you must:
Requirements for Newly Installed Boilers
All newly installed boilers under the ECO 4 scheme must meet certain requirements, including:
- Being efficient (condensing)
- Including a timer, a room thermostat, and thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) on all radiators outside the room containing the thermostat
- Hydraulic balancing of the central heating system after installation
Benefits of the ECO 4 Scheme
The ECO 4 scheme offers numerous benefits to eligible homeowners:
- Savings on energy bills - By replacing your old, inefficient boiler with a new, efficient one, you can save up to £350 per year on your energy bills.
- Reduced carbon footprint - Upgrading your heating system can help to reduce your carbon footprint by using less energy to heat your home and reducing CO2 emissions.
- Improved comfort - A well-insulated home retains heat better, making it more comfortable to live in throughout the year without constantly adjusting your heating.
Contact the Eco-Home Network
The Eco-Home Network is working with homeowners in Ashton-under-Lyne, Hyde, Denton, Droylsden, and Stalybridge in Greater Manchester to help them claim ECO 4 grants. Please contact us if you think you may be eligible for a boiler grant under the ECO 4 scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the government providing free boilers in Ashton-Under-Lyne?
No, the government is not providing free boilers in Ashton-Under-Lyne to everyone. The ECO scheme is only available for existing non-condensing boilers and only for people on Qualifying benefits or Flex. Moreover, the scheme only applies to properties with an EPC rating of G, F or E.
What is the availability of a new boiler grant for pensioners in Ashton-Under-Lyne?
The availability of a new boiler grant for pensioners in Ashton-Under-Lyne depends on whether they receive Pension Credit guarantee credit, Pension Credit savings credit, or meet the Flex criteria. It is also only available for those on Qualifying benefits or Flex, with existing non-condensing boilers, and properties with an EPC rating of G, F or E. The EPC score also needs to be improved by two bands.
How long does it take to get a boiler grant in Ashton-Under-Lyne?
Based on the information provided, it typically takes 4-6 weeks to receive a boiler grant through the ECO scheme.