Boiler Grants for Bedford, Bedfordshire
The ECO 4 Boiler Grants scheme is a government initiative aimed at helping low-income families improve the energy efficiency of their homes by installing more efficient boilers and upgrading or insulating their homes. This scheme is available to eligible homeowners in Bedfordshire.
The ECO 4 scheme allows eligible homeowners to replace their old, inefficient boilers for free. This is a great opportunity for low-income families who may not have the financial resources to upgrade their heating systems. The scheme aims to reduce energy bills and carbon emissions while improving the home's overall comfort.
- You need to be the homeowner
- Your current boiler must be broken or inefficient
- You need to receive at least one benefit, such as Income Support or Housing Benefit.
This ensures that the scheme targets those who need it the most.
Requirements for Newly Installed Boilers
- All newly installed boilers under the ECO 4 scheme must be efficient, i.e. condensing.
- Must include a timer, a room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) on all radiators outside the room containing the thermostat
- Installers must also carry out hydraulic balancing following the installation of the boiler to a wet central heating system to ensure that the central heating system is balanced.
If your property is heated by an inefficient heating system, such as a non-condensing boiler, it can be upgraded to an efficient boiler. This will not only improve your home's energy efficiency but also increase your property's value.
Claiming ECO 4 Grants
Using the Government's ECO scheme, eco-Home Network is working with homeowners to claim ECO 4 grants. Suitable households can now obtain an ECO 4 grant. The grant amount will depend on your current circumstances, property type, and EPC rating. This means that the grant amount may vary depending on the size of your property, the type of property, and the current energy efficiency rating of your property.
Overall, the ECO 4 Boiler Grants scheme is an excellent opportunity for low-income families to improve the energy efficiency of their homes and reduce their energy bills. The scheme is easy to access and targets those who most need it. By upgrading to an efficient boiler, homeowners can reduce their carbon footprint and contribute towards a cleaner, greener future.
Qualifications for New Eco4 Grants
To qualify for New Eco4 Grants, residences in Bedford need to receive one of the following: