Free First-Time Central Heating in Southampton
The ECO scheme is your passport to a warmer, more energy-efficient home at zero cost. Whether you're a homeowner or tenant in Southampton, Hampshire, you could be eligible for a fully-funded first-time gas central heating system.
Eligibility Criteria: Who Can Benefit?
- No existing central heating or a rudimentary system with a single radiator and no boiler.
- At least one person in the household must receive one or more qualifying state benefits, such as Child Benefits or Universal Credit.
- Homeownership is a must, or tenants need landlord approval.
- Your current boiler must be at least five years old.
- A gas supply should be available at the property.
- The household must receive a combination of government benefits.
ECO Flex Rules: Don't Miss Out
If you don't meet the standard criteria, don't fret. The ECO Flex rules offer a broader Eligibility scope. To determine your eligibility, fill out our eligibility form or ring us at 0333 577 5852.
Affordable Warmth Scheme: Your Path to a Sustainable Future
The Affordable Warmth Scheme is a cornerstone of the ECO initiative, offering central heating grants to qualifying households. By transitioning from off-gas heating to gas central heating, you're not just warming your home but also contributing to the UK's net-zero carbon emissions target for 2050.
ECO 4 Grants: Tailored for Southampton Residents
The Eco-Home Network is actively assisting homeowners in Southampton, Hampshire, to secure ECO 4 grants. You could be eligible for this grant depending on your circumstances, property type, and EPC rating.
- Claim a qualifying benefit, have a low income, or suffer from cold-aggravated illnesses.
- Must have had a gas meter installed before March 2022 and own a property with just one radiator.
- Only properties with an EPC rating of G, F, or E can apply.
FAQs: Your Questions Answered
Do Central Heating Grants Exist in Southampton?
Yes, they do. However, eligibility is subject to specific criteria, including the property's EPC rating and the presence of a gas meter installed before March 2022.
What Grants are Available for Pensioners?
Pensioners may qualify if they meet specific criteria such as low income or eligibility for certain benefits. The property must also meet the same conditions as mentioned above.
What's the Cost of a First-Time Central Heating Installation?
Typically, the cost ranges between £3,500 and £5,500. However, eligible individuals may receive assistance with this cost through the ECO scheme.
Is There a Grant for New Radiators?
Yes, a grant is available for new radiators under specific conditions, including the property's EPC rating and the presence of a gas meter installed before March 2022.
ECO 4 Energy Efficiency Grants
Want to take your home's energy efficiency to the next level? You could be eligible for an ECO 4 Energy Efficiency Grant. These grants can cover various energy-saving improvements, all performed by Trustmark installers and regulated by Ofgem. To determine your eligibility, complete our eligibility form. It's a quick process that could save you a substantial amount.