Room-in-the-Roof Insulation Grants in Bournemouth
You have a golden opportunity if you're a homeowner in Bournemouth, Poole, or Christchurch in Dorset. The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme offers Room-in-the-Roof Insulation Grants that can revolutionise your attic space, making it a cosy, energy-efficient haven. This grant covers all aspects of your attic, including sloping areas, dormer windows, and gable walls.
What Makes the ECO scheme Stand Out?
The ECO scheme is a government-backed initiative to reduce carbon emissions and improve energy efficiency across UK households. If you reside in the Bournemouth area, you could qualify for a free room-in-the-roof insulation upgrade.
Who is Eligible?
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Rating: Your property must have an EPC rating of G, F, or E.
- Additional Requirements: You must claim an eligible benefit or have a health condition that worsens in cold weather.
The Benefits of Room-in-the-Roof Insulation
- Heat Retention: Say goodbye to heat escaping through your roof.
- Enhanced Comfort: Experience a more comfortable living environment.
- Cost Savings: Cut down on your energy consumption and save money.
- Eco-Friendly: Make your home more energy-efficient and reduce your carbon footprint.
How to Determine Your Eligibility
To qualify, the height of the common wall in your property must be less than 1.8m for at least half of its length, excluding gable ends and party walls. This typically includes:
- Loft conversions
- Dormer bungalows
- Chalet bungalows
- Original storeys with a common wall height of less than 1.8m, accessible via a fixed staircase
All insulation will adhere to the same building regulations as standard loft insulation, ensuring you receive a high-quality, compliant solution.
How to Apply for Your Room-in-the-Roof Insulation Grant
The Eco-Home Network is here to assist you if you want to take advantage of this grant. Our team will guide you through the Eligibility assessment and application process, ensuring you have all the necessary information.
Additional Considerations for Effective Insulation
When insulating loft spaces that serve as living areas, insulating all walls and ceilings between heated and unheated spaces is crucial. Various techniques can be applied to sloping ceilings, vertical walls, and flat ceilings. Dormer windows and skylights will require high-performance glazing. A certified installer will ensure your insulation is effective, well-ventilated, and up to standard.
Take the Next Step Towards a Greener Home in Bournemouth
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your home's energy efficiency, reduce energy bills, and contribute to a more sustainable future for Bournemouth and the UK. To determine your eligibility, complete our eligibility form or call our team on 0333 577 5852. Even if you're unsure about your eligibility, it's worth checking, as the rules are continually evolving.