Room in the roof Insulation Grant Ebbw Vale
This grant is designed to allow low-income households to upgrade their Room in the roof area, including the sloping areas, dormer windows, and gable walls, free of charge.
Benefits of Room in the Roof Insulation
- Reduces heat loss through the roof
- Improves comfort in your home
- Saves money on energy bills
- Helps meet Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating requirements
Insulating your Room in the roof can significantly benefit your home and finances. By reducing heat loss through the roof, you can improve the comfort of your living space and reduce the energy required to heat your home, resulting in lower energy bills. Additionally, this grant can help you meet the EPC rating requirements of G, F, or E, which are necessary to qualify for the grant.
Qualifications for Room in the Roof Insulation Grant
To be eligible for the Room in the Roof Insulation Grant, your property must meet the following criteria:
- The height of the common wall must be less than 1.8m for at least 50% of the common wall (excluding gable ends and party walls).
- Includes properties with Loft conversions, dormer bungalows/chalet bungalows, or original storeys with a common wall of less than 1.8m, accessed via a permanently fixed staircase.
You may be eligible for the grant if your property meets these criteria.
To qualify for the Room in the Roof Insulation Grant, you must:
- Claim an eligible benefit or have an illness affected by the cold.
- Be a low-income household.
Please note that this grant is specifically designed for low-income households and is unavailable to everyone. However, if you meet the criteria, this grant can provide significant benefits, including improved comfort in your home and reduced energy bills.
Contact Eco-Home Network
If you have a room in your roof or an attic space, it's essential to ensure that it's well-insulated to keep your home warm and reduce energy bills.
The Room in the Roof Insulation Grant through the government's Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme can help eligible low-income households upgrade their Room in the roof area free of charge.
Contact Eco-Home Network to see if you qualify.