Solid Wall Insulation Grants in Bracknell
ECO scheme Benefits for Bracknell Residents
If you are a resident of Bracknell grappling with soaring energy bills, the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme offers a viable solution. The scheme provides Solid Wall Insulation grants designed to reduce energy consumption and improve your home’s comfort.
What is Solid Wall Insulation?
Solid Wall Insulation involves affixing insulation boards to your home's internal or external walls. It’s particularly beneficial for residences with solid walls, as these types are more thermally efficient than that.
- Own or rent a property in Bracknell
- Your home must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating between G and E
- You or someone in the household must receive Qualifying benefits or meet the Local Authority Flexible Eligibility (LA Flex) criteria
Benefits That Count
- Child Tax Credits
- Working Tax Credits
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Disability Living Allowance
Advantages of Solid Wall Insulation
Installing solid wall insulation under the ECO grant scheme can lead to several tangible benefits:
- Reduced Energy Bills: Cut back on heat loss and save significantly on energy costs
- Enhanced Comfort: Experience a more stable indoor temperature throughout the year
- Noise Reduction: Added insulation can also work as a sound barrier, minimising outside noise
- Damp Prevention: Helps in mitigating damp and mould issues that are common in older properties with solid walls
- Increased Property Value: Your home’s market value can get a lift with improved energy-efficiency ratings
Tenants Are Welcome
If you’re a Bracknell tenant, you can also benefit from the ECO 4 grant. Eco-Home Network extends its services to homeowners and tenants, assisting them in securing ECO grants via the Government’s scheme.
How to Start Your Grant Application
- Validate your eligibility by completing our eligibility form.
- Alternatively, please speak to one of our experts at 0333 577 5852 for personalised guidance.
Commonly Asked Questions
Which Form of Insulation is Cheaper?
While internal wall insulation is generally less expensive, each property is unique and may have specific requirements to make external insulation more cost-effective in the long run.
What Documentation Do I Need?
Should I Opt for Internal or External Wall Insulation?
Both options have their merits and drawbacks. Internal insulation is usually less intrusive and quicker to install but could reduce your living space slightly. External insulation is often more effective but may require planning permission. It’s advisable to consult an expert to determine the best option for your home.
Why Wait? Check Your Eligibility Now
Rules for eligibility change periodically, so even if you think you might not meet the current criteria, it’s worth checking. Complete our eligibility form or contact us at 0333 577 5852 to get started on your journey to a more energy-efficient and comfortable home in Bracknell.