Solid Wall Insulation Grants for Preston and Lancashire Residents
If you're a homeowner in Preston or anywhere in Lancashire, there's exciting news for you. The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme offers Solid Wall Insulation grants; you could be eligible. Let's explain what this means for you and how you can benefit.
Do I Qualify for the Grant?
Before diving into the perks, let's check if you qualify:
- Are you a homeowner or tenant with a house that has solid walls?
- Does your home have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of G, F, or E?
- Are you on certain benefits or LA Flex?
Why Consider Solid Wall Insulation?
So, why is solid wall insulation a big deal? Here are the benefits:
- Energy Bill Savings: Heat loss can be reduced by up to 45%, meaning you save money on heating.
- Comfort Boost: Your home feels cosier with fewer draughts. Plus, better soundproofing and damp protection.
- Property Value Increase: An insulated home is a draw for potential buyers.
- Eco-friendly: Reduce your carbon footprint, positively impacting the environment.
Getting Started with the Grant: Step-by-Step
Think you qualify? Great! Here's how you get started with the Eco-Home Network:
- Reach Out: Give a call or visit the Eco-Home Network. They'll need some info from you.
- Assessment: They'll check your Eligibility and set up a home survey.
- Survey Time: A surveyor checks your home for insulation needs and costs.
- Funding Application: Eco-Home Network will handle the paperwork, applying to the ECO scheme for you.
More about Solid Wall Insulation
Homes built before the 1920s usually have solid walls. These walls don't have gaps like newer cavity walls, so that they can let out a lot of heat. You might lose up to 25% of your home's heat through the walls. That's a lot!
You can insulate these walls in two ways:
- External Insulation: This involves adding insulation to the outside of your home. It can give your home a fresh look and also protect it. Remember, it will add some thickness to your walls.
- Internal Insulation: If you don't want to change your home's outside look, you can insulate from the inside. This involves adding insulation materials inside your walls.
Why This Matters
Energy bills can be a big part of our monthly expenses. But with proper insulation, you can save around £800 every year. You'll also do your bit for the planet by reducing carbon emissions. And the best part? With the ECO scheme, you might not have to pay a penny for it if you qualify.
So, don't wait. Check if you qualify and take a step towards a warmer, eco-friendlier home.