Solid Wall Insulation Grants in St Helens
If you're a homeowner in St Helens and have a home built before the 1920s, you might be missing out on the incredible benefits of solid wall insulation. And here's the good news: The ECO scheme can help you secure these benefits at minimal to no cost.
Understanding Solid Walls and Their Challenges
Homes built before the 1920s predominantly have solid walls, not having the small gap that newer cavity walls possess. Unfortunately, these solid walls, commonly made of bricks or stones, allow a lot more heat to escape. Here are some quick facts:
- Buildings without adequate insulation can lose up to 25% of heat through walls.
- Solid walls can lose more heat than uninsulated cavity walls.
But there's a silver lining. Insulating these walls from the inside or outside can vastly improve a home's energy efficiency and comfort.
External Wall Insulation: What You Need to Know
When we talk about external wall insulation, we're referring to a process where a layer of insulation material is applied directly to a home's exterior. Here's a brief look at the process:
- Insulation material is attached to the walls with adhesive and fixings.
- Protective layers of render or cladding are then added.
- Homeowners have various finishes, including painted, tiled, or brick-like appearance using brick slips.
- This process adds between 70 and 160mm to the wall's depth, so remember that external fixtures need adjustments.
Considering the Inside? Internal Wall Insulation Explained
Some homeowners may wish to maintain their home's external appearance. For them, internal wall insulation is a viable solution. This involves adding insulation to the inside of the exterior walls. Here's a glimpse:
- Various techniques are used, like insulated stud work or rigid insulation boards.
- The approach is less invasive to the home's exterior look.
Why St Helens Residents Should Take Notice
Aside from the clear comfort of living in a well-insulated home, here are some compelling reasons for St Helens, homeowners to consider solid wall insulation:
- Substantial Savings: Annually, homeowners could pocket around £800 in saved energy costs.
- Eco-friendly Living: Decrease your carbon footprint, making a greener environmental choice.
- Boosted Property Value: Insulated homes often fetch a better market price.
- Year-Round Comfort: Experience the luxury of consistent temperatures throughout the year.
ECO scheme: Your Pathway to Affordable Insulation
For St Helens residents, the ECO Scheme is a golden opportunity. The scheme exists to fund energy-efficient home improvements, including solid wall insulation. Depending on qualifications:
- External wall insulation costs, which average around £12,000, could be covered.
- Internal wall insulation, typically priced around £8,000, could be heavily subsidised or free.
Connect with Eco-Home Network Today
If you're in St Helens and keen to explore the advantages of solid wall insulation, don't wait. The Eco-Home Network is ready to guide you from understanding the ECO Scheme to a professional installation. Call the team at 0333 577 5852, and let's make your home a warmer, more efficient space.