Solid Wall Insulation Grants in Telford and Wellington
The Energy Company Obligation, or ECO scheme, is a brilliant government programme for households in Telford and Wellington, Shropshire. This scheme makes homes warmer, reduces energy bills, and helps our planet.
What is the ECO scheme?
This is a scheme by the government. Its goal is to help houses that don’t have much money save on energy bills. One way it does this is by giving money for solid wall insulation. You might get this money if your house in Telford or Wellington has solid walls and a low EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) rating like G, F, or E.
Let’s Talk about Solid Wall Insulation
Imagine wearing a big warm coat in the winter. Solid wall insulation is like that coat but for your home. It’s put inside houses and can stop up to 45% of heat from leaving. This means:
- Lower energy bills because you’re not losing as much heat.
- A more comfortable home that’s warm and snug.
- Your house’s value might go up.
- Less noise from the outside and protection against dampness.
Renting Your Home? You Can Benefit Too!
If you’re renting a house in Telford or Wellington, guess what? You might also get money for this insulation. The Eco-Home Network has great solutions to make rented homes better and greener.
Claiming ECO 4 Grants Through Eco-Home Network
The Eco-Home Network can help people in Telford and Wellington claim ECO 4 grants. If your house is right for it, you could get a grant to pay for all the solid wall insulation.
How to Know If You’re Eligible
Not everyone can get this grant. Here’s what they look at:
- Your current living situation.
- What kind of house you have.
- Your EPC rating.
- You need to be on certain benefits or LA Flex.
If all of this sounds confusing, don’t worry. The Eco-Home Network can help determine if you can get the grant. They also make the application process easy.
More Than Just Wall Insulation
Apart from solid wall insulation, there are other ways to improve and greener your house. These include:
- Loft Insulation: Makes the top part of your house warmer.
- Cavity Wall Insulation: This is for houses with a wall gap. It fills that gap to keep the house warmer.
- Boiler Replacements: Sometimes, an old boiler can waste energy. Replacing it can save money.
The Eco-Home Network can give advice and even help get funding for all these.
The ECO scheme is a great chance for Telford and Wellington, Shropshire households. It’s all about making homes warm, saving money, and helping the Earth. If you think your house might be right for this, contact Eco-Home Network. They’ll help you every step of the way.